Musing's First Anniversary
By Ramona Flightner/ @ramonaflightner
Happy 1 year Anniversary, to “Musings by Ramona!” I can’t believe how fast the year has gone. At times, I have stared at the cursor on my computer screen, uncertain of what I would write. Some weeks I had no desire to write anything. Thankfully, I had cheerleaders who encouraged me to continue writing.
My natural inclination is to be a very private person, and I feared a blog would feel too much like a loss of the privacy I cherished. However, I have found it enjoyable to share thoughts and ideas with friends, family and newfound friends in the writing community. I never would have thought I would enjoy writing this blog, but I have found it very rewarding.
When started one year ago, I had no inkling what it meant to write a post nearly every week. Now I do, and it can be daunting. However, as I search for an interesting topic, I find that I am more alert to my environment. I am more aware of all that is going on around me and my life feels richer for it. At times it can be annoying because in the back of my mind I often think, “Would this be a good blog post topic?” Sometimes, I just have to silence that voice and be in the moment.
To commemorate the 1-year mark, I thought I would share a few statistics.
- There were 2,753 visits to the blog in the past year.
- There are 71 followers of “Musings by Ramona.”
- There were 166 comments made.
- 44 posts were uploaded with an average of 3 photos per post.
- Visitors from 57 countries found their way to the blog during the year.
- The most popular posts were:
- The Essentials of Blacksmithing
- Ansel Adams at the Peabody Essex Museum
- Butte, Montana
- A Ramble in the South End
- Hiking in Glacier
What was your favorite post from the past year?
Thank you for visiting “Musings by Ramona” during the past year and I hope my musings continue to resonate with you.